To Build a Better Community
Our Community Grants Program is an application process where local not-for-profit groups or organisations, who provide services to local residents, can apply for funding. The aim of the Community Grant Program is to support a range of initiatives that address identified needs that will enhance the well-being of our community.
Before you Apply:
1. Applicants eligible to receive charitable funding:
• Must be a Douglas Shire organization.
• A Not-for-Profit sporting club or community/organization.
• Not a Government Organisation
• Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) (this may be required for your tax purposes)
• The grant is up to but not exceeding $4,000.00.
• Grant must be used specifically to the benefit of the area/recipient that could not be achieved without this grant (e.g., equipment, trophies).
• Grant must be used within an agreed period.
• Proof of where Grant will be used and subsequent confirmation after completion.
• Any changes or amendments can be applied for, and it will be reviewed by General Manager and Voting Committee.
• Grant can be revoked if not used appropriately.
• Supply (2) Letters of Support
How to Apply:
1. All applications/enquires to be directed to the General Manager of the Tin Shed
2. Complete the application form and ensure you include all information requested.
3. Applications should be typed or clearly handwritten. If you need to attach additional information, use A4 paper, number the pages and staple to the application form.
4. Applications are to be handed in person to the General Manager of The Tin Shed.